Please read the following documents and apply by e-mail at first.
Greeting in the name of our Lord.
Thank you for your access.
We have now openings to be filled . If you are interested in this ministry, please send documents mentioned below. We experience this is a very effective ministry for lost Japanese people.
We Shukugawa Bible Church is a Bible-believing Christian church begun in 1970 by T.E.A.M. missionary Dr. Neal Browning, ( He is originally from Southern Baptist) who worked afterword as the dean of the U.S. Center for World Missions / Institute of Japanese Studies. This church is currently a member of the Japan Evangelical Church Association. We are located near Osaka and Kobe.
Our church is looking for native English speakers who are interested in teaching in our English conversation school and who will be in agreement with the terms of the contract.
Our church provides each missionary-English teacher with living accommodations and payment of utilities, medical insurance and transportation. In addition, our church monthly supports each teacher 130,000 yen financially as missionary support.
Our English conversation school is operated as an evangelistic outreach ministry of the church since our church has begun. Many of our church members are fruits of this ministry. Therefore, we welcome those who are interested in ministry and who desire to serve as missionaries to unreached Japanese people cooperating with Japanese evangelical church.
While any TESL experience or Japanese ability would be helpful, neither is required for this position. Flexibility, servant heart and a love for people are essential!
If you are interested in applying for this position as a missionary-English teacher, please send your resume, some recent photographs, your Christian testimony, some references, and a recommendation from your pastor to the following address:
Rev. Kenji Hata
c/o Shukugawa Bible Church
3-2 Ooide-cho Nishinomiya -shi, Hyogo-ken 662-0036 Japan
Office tel. (81-)798-72-6055 Home tel. 798-74-1234 FAX 798-72-4128
If you are interested in coming to Japan for mission work,
I believe this is good timing to join our ministry.
Visa preparation will take for more than 2 month.
In Jesus' love,
Shukugawa Bible Church
Sample of Contract
Shukugawa Bible Church
Missionary contract with for a staff position in the Shukugawa Bible Church's evangelistic program.
Purpose of Program:
In this program the missionary-teacher works as a staff member at the Shukugawa Bible Church and in close cooperation with Japanese Christians.
The conversational English program is designed to reach the Japanese people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through language classes taught by native speakers of English who are dedicated Christians.
1. To teach conversational English classes for approximately 24 hours (15-16 small classes) a week in accordance with the teaching schedule established by the pastor.
2. To participate each Sunday in the activities of the Shukugawa Bible Church, i.e. in Worship, English Worship, Bible classes, Sunday School, special meetings, and regular after-worship activities.
3. To assist in evangelistic and church activities such as parties, camps, advertisement, and Sunday afternoon English Fellowship.
4. To attend staff meetings, staff prayer meetings and staff Bible study each week.
Term of Contract:
This is a two-year contract covering four consecutive six-month English class terms starting with classes beginning and ending .
Conditions of Contract:
A. Church Responsibilities: The Shukugawa Bible Church will support the signer of this contract as a missionary by providing life necessities and a stipulated financial support in the manner described below.
1. Housing: The Shukugawa Bible Church will provide an apartment or similar living quarters, furnished as adequately as possible according to Japanese standards, and will pay the rent for this housing. A sharing of housing accommodations may be necessary.
2. Utilities: The Shukugawa Bible Church will pay the missionary-teacher's bills for water, electricity, gas.
3. Monetary Support: The Shukugawa Bible Church will give the missionary-teacher 130,000 yen as cash support each month.
4. Medical Expenses: The Shukugawa Bible Church will secure and pay for National Health Insurance coverage for the missionary-teacher's financial protection and convenience. National Health Insurance usually covers 70% of all medical and dental expenses.
5. Transportation: The Shukugawa Bible Church will pay all transportation costs for travel within Japan on behalf of the English classes. For each two years of service completed, the Shukugawa Bible Church will pay a one-way airfare from the Kansai International Airport to the missionary- teacher's originating city. This payment will be made only at the conclusion of the missionary-teacher's service to the Shukugawa Bible Church.
B. Missionary-Teacher Responsibilities:
1. While in Japan under contract to the Shukugawa Bible Church, the missionary-teacher will be responsible directly to the pastor of the Shukugawa Bible Church.
2.The missionary-teacher will be responsible for preparing for and teaching classes in conversational English in accordance with the schedule established by the pastor of the Shukugawa Bible Church.
3. The missionary-teacher, in addition to demonstrating Christian principles through personal conduct, shall include a short period of Gospel instruction in each period of English instruction.
4.The missionary-teacher will attend and participate as a staff member in each Sunday worship services at the Shukugawa Bible Church and in other Sunday activities at the church. Exceptions to this requirement shall require the pastor's permission.
5. The missionary-teacher will be expected to give himself or herself enthusiastically to Christian service in Japan, and will be responsible for cooperating willingly in the various evangelistic outreach activities of the Shukugawa Bible Church.
6.The missionary-teacher will work for evangelistic English camp.
C. Holiday, Days Off, and Vacations:
1. The missionary-teacher will have one weekday each week as a day off, with no English class assignments on that day. However, one day preceding a new term is designated a workday as the school conducts class registration.
2.English conversation classes will observe the 15 Japanese national holidays, and the missionary-teacher will have no English class responsibilities on those days.
3. The missionary-teacher will be granted approximately five weeks of vacation each year. The main vacation periods are spring vacation ( March to early April. about 10 days), summer vacation ( late-August, two and half weeks), and the Year End /New Year vacation (about ten days). However, Camp Time (middle August) Christmas days (until Dec. 24 ) and a few days preceding a new term (early April and late September) is designated work days for evangelism and for the class advertisement.
D. Special Term:
1. Six months notice is required when a missionary-teacher desires to leave prior to the end of the anticipated contract term in order to enable timely arrangements for a replacement.
2. In case when the total number of the missionary-teacher's class students decreases to a large extent, the pastor of Shukugawa Bible Church will ask the missionary-teacher to leave at the end of that school term.
It shall be required of staff members of
Shukugawa Bible Church
that they give full agreement to the following
statement of faith:
1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the true God and true man, without sin having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross a perfect and complete sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on high He is now High Priest and Advocate.
4. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God but sinned and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provided the only ground for the justification and salvation for all who believe, and that only those who receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become the children of God.
7. We believe in the personal and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ and that His " blessed hope " has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead. The believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with their Lord and the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
9. We believe that the true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united in the body of Christ which He is the Head.
10. We believe in the necessity of maintaining, according to the Word of God, the purity of the visible church in doctrine and life.
If you are interested in this ministry, please cotact us as soon as possible.